nearby adj : close at hand; "the nearby towns"; "concentrated his study on the nearby planet Venus" adv : not far away in relative terms; "she works nearby"; "the planets orbiting nearby are Venus and Mars"
- Dutch: dichtbij
- Greek: κοντινός , κοντινή , κοντινό
- Portuguese: próximo
- Scots: naurby
- Slovak: blízky , blízka , blízke ; vedľajší , vedľajšia , vedľajšie
- Spanish: cercano , cercana , próximo
- Swedish: i närheten, nära
- Vietnamese: gần; bên cạnh đó
- next to, close to
- I'm glad my friends live nearby where I can visit them.
about, accessible, adjacent, along toward, around, aside, at close quarters, at hand, away, beside, by, circa, close, close about, close at hand, close by, convenient, convenient to, easily reached, fast by, handy, hard, hard by, hereabout, hereabouts, immediate, in juxtaposition, in spitting distance, in the vicinity, near, near at hand, nearabout, nearabouts, nigh, nigh about, not far, on one side, on the side, only a step, propinquant, propinquous, ready at hand, round, sidelong, thereabout, thereabouts, to hand, to one side, to the side, within call, within earshot, within hearing, within reach